Junk & Furniture Driver / Lugger / Pilot - Tips, Bonuses, Benefits
The Junkluggers is the caring, eco-friendly alternative to traditional junk removal. Our mission is to enhance lives, our communities, and the environment by donating, recycling, up-cycling, and supporting local charities.
The amount of household and commercial waste that ends up in landfills on a daily basis is astronomical. We believe that a lot of this is avoidable, and with just a little attention to detail — and a lot of love for our planet, we can help reverse this growing problem. Join us in the battle and become a "Lugger"
Our Core Differentiators:
- We are Eco-Friendly
- We are Community Focused
- Our Green Guarantees
- On Time Arrival
- Donation Receipts within 14 Days
- 100% Satisfaction
- Price Assurance
- We build the Best Teams to deliver on our promises
If you enjoy meeting new people, genuinely care about customer service, have a commitment to safety and like variety at work, come help us save the world “One Lug at a Time”!
"Luggers" are the important front-line folks of our business.
- Do you like to stay busy?
- Do you want to have FUN??
- Do you want each day to give you a different experience?
- Would you like to put that energy to good use in a team working in a fast-paced environment and interacting with our valued customers, partners, and teammates?
- Want to execute established processes, and once mastered, take new Luggers under your wing, teaching and leading them to be successful?
- Do you want to make a difference?
- Do you want to learn new skills ?
- Want to be a part of a family like culture?
Successful candidates will:
- Be committed to WOW-ing our customers with exceptional service
- Maintain a persistently positive attitude
- Be a team player with excellent communication skills
- Be a player and a coach
- Be hardworking, rolling up your sleeves and getting the work done
- Be knowledgeable and comfortable in presenting our service to prospective customers
- Be able/willing to promptly commute to the Elgin, IL area.
- Give 110% in everything you do
- Own a WORKING smart phone with a usable data plan (required)
- Junkluggers Hours of Operation: Weekday & Weekend shifts (must be flexible with your schedule, and while hours may vary from week-to-week, this position is best designed to be your main focus)
- Ability to lift 50-100 pounds continuously
- Familiar with driving/navigating through the Chicago Suburbs area
- Sales/Customer Service Experience a big PLUS!
- Flexible scheduling -- based on availability as needed
- Build a trusting relationship with our customer and help our customer achieve their decluttering goals.
- Complete all jobs according to company standards, practices and mission statement
- Safely load, transport, and unload customer items in accordance with state and local laws
- Assist in training new hires as part of a team
- Attend all mandatory training, meeting & events
- Help maintain trucks and equipment
- Be diligent about safety and promote a safety culture at the The Junkluggers
- Embrace continuous improvement & implement new practices when asked
- Support recruiting of new team members and promote company values
- Help build our client base through local marketing efforts such as door hanger & lawn sign placement
- Manage paperwork, payments, and receipts and submit them all at the end of your shift
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills are a must – this is a customer-facing role
- Ability to learn and use technology in the field to execute job requirements, quickly & efficiently
- Learn skills of both Navigator and Driver positions
- Develop general understanding of resource locations in current territory (donation, recycling & disposal centers) and use them efficiently
- Develop general understanding of truck operation, maintenance, and care
- Exhibit a strong safety attitude & be assertive in following safety practices and other company policies
- Expected to report infractions, accidents, or other issues to management
- Ability to work well as a team in the field and show potential for advancement
And of course ... Job Compensation:
The compensation package includes multiple ways to earn with significant room for growth.
- Hourly base ($14 - $18 per hour)
- Tips ( additional $3-4/hr on average )
- Bonuses ( Safety and Performance based )
Other benefits include:
- Signing bonus (after 90 days)
- Paid Holidays (full-time positions, only after 90 days of service )
- Profit Sharing Plan after 6 months
- Medical / Dental / Vision Benefits - 25% paid by the company
- Earn Commission for referrals and any other business you bring in
- Free items
- Doing something good for our planet and environment
- Valid Drivers License is a MUST!
- 2-3 years of violation-free and accident-free driving
- CDL Not Required -- however a Class C license must be obtained within 30 days of starting (We will train you)
- For insurance purposes only, you must be a minimum of 23 years old in order to drive our trucks
- High school diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Driving: 5-7 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- General hands on skills with tools
Customers will be asked to wear masks when interacting. Team on job sites will have the ability to identify and avoid unsafe situations. All candidates must be vaccinated for consideration
You must be friendly, highly motivated, and able to communicate effectively with our valued customers, partners, and teammates. You must also be physically fit and able to lift substantial weight. Added bonus if you have experience driving a small truck and moving furniture/heavy items. This position includes driving, so you must meet all of our company's insurance requirements in order to be considered for the position. CDL not Required.
You are an energetic, well-organized, customer-centric problem solver and goal-oriented team player who loves a challenging and fun environment.
You are someone who cares about the environment and gets excited about keeping customers items out of the landfill. You have the ability to recognize the value of items and will treat them with care.
You are looking to work hard, own your paycheck, and gain hands-on business experience. You are excited to join a team that strives to AMAZE every customer with exceptional customer service. You are committed to reaching your full potential in a supportive learning environment.
You like working in the field and from the truck all day; this is NOT an office position (although there are some basic administrative responsibilities).
Must have (professional) references available upon request.
Elgin Development Group
A Division of the Elgin Area Chamber
31 S. Grove Avenue, Elgin IL 60120