Food Skills Trainer
Since 1961, The Association for Individual Development (AID) has served individuals with developmental, intellectual, physical and/or mental health challenges, those who have suffered a trauma, and those at risk. As a non-profit organization, our mission is to empower people with physical, developmental, intellectual, and mental health challenges to enjoy lives of dignity and purpose. We are looking for a Food Skills Trainer who exemplifies that mission. Position is located in Aurora, IL. Are you the right fit?
What will you be doing?
- Provides leadership and ongoing evaluation of training curriculum to maintain updated industry standards
- Responsible for training clients in basic food service skills and positive work behaviors, to enhance their independence and prepare them for community employment. The position also requires meal planning and purchasing food and staples
- Responsible for all records and reports relating to these delivered services.
- High School education or equivalent
- Current Certification in Food Service Sanitation
- Complete ServSafe Certification within 30 days of hire
- At least one year of experience in Food Service
- Previous experience working with persons with developmental and/or behavioral health disabilities preferred
- At least one year of experience facilitating, providing instruction in a group, classroom setting or similar environment
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance plan
- Employer-paid short-term & long-term disability plan
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Employer-paid critical illness plan
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Acquire and maintain all required certifications and other relevant trainings