Since 1961, The Association for Individual Development (AID) has served individuals with developmental, intellectual, physical and/or mental health challenges, those who have suffered a trauma, and those at risk. As a non-profit organization, our mission is to empower people with physical, developmental, intellectual, and mental health challenges to enjoy lives of dignity and purpose. We are looking for a Employment Specialist who exemplifies that mission, and who wants to work for an organization that makes a difference. Are you the right fit?
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for developing and implementing individual programs to maximize the clients’ independent community living skills
- Responsible for coordinating services to meet criteria of Milestone and IPS (Individual Placement Services) and follow the guidelines of IPS to assist clients in obtaining and maintaining employment that is consistent with their preferences
- Engages in job development in the community 65% of the work week
- Complete daily documentation employment activities provided in accordance with state and agency standards as applicable
- Expected to work with the clinical team within the agency to ensure positive client-centered approach
What will you bring to the table?
- High School Diploma
- At least 1 year of experience working in behavioral health or experience working with individuals with individuals with disabilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance plan
- Employer-paid short-term & long-term disability plan
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Employer-paid critical illness plan
- Navigation of stairs
- Ability to provide services in a client’s home
- The use of your personal vehicle
- Maintaining required certifications and other relevant trainings