CLINICAL CARE COORDINATOR
Travel: Moderate to Heavy
Fiscal Year 2020
Responsible for agency intake and integrated care planning and monitoring of on-going case management clients. The Integrated Service Coordination team will assess and link to appropriate services as well as coordinating physical, behavioral, and social healthcare for its members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for following these principles:
- Provide care according to CASSP principles where person- and family-centered quality, accessible, holistic care are the focus of each interaction.
- Work to build a system that responds to the whole integrated needs of each individual and family considering their behavioral, physical, and social healthcare.
- Remain flexible and respond to the changing needs of the community and each family.
- Value collaboration, cooperation and teamwork within our organization and with members of the community.
- Embrace the rights of consumers to self-determine and be respected for their own family and community values.
- Complete agency intakes and IM+CANS for those seeking services.
- With the guidance of the assigned LPHA, make service recommendations and complete linkage to services.
- Provide on-going case management to ensure that the holistic needs of the person served are being addressed.
- Participate in and potentially lead inter-disciplinary meetings.
- Attend problem solving team meetings as appropriate and assigned.
- Communicate with partner entities and other providers (including MCOs) to understand significant changes in members’ physical and behavioral health status, and translate into care plan.
- Work together with Managed Care Organizations to assist members in easier access.
- Engage with physical health and behavioral health providers in order to develop a network for service coordination. Ongoing communication regarding client needs and coordination of services to improve access to providers for routine appointments and time-sensitive services.
- Along with assigned therapist, prepare and assist with transitional care plan based on protocol to assure timely access to follow up care post discharge. May also participate in the implementation of discharge plan from a higher level of care as agreed upon by treatment team.
- Responsible for regular and consistent communication with providers (including FSA therapists) to ensure that the client’s needs are being met as defined by their treatment plan.
- Responsible for discussing cases with supervisor in clinical supervision (individual or group supervision) on a weekly basis
- Responsible for reporting to supervisor regularly about problem cases, need for special services and resource information
- Responsible for completion of and meeting deadlines for all clinical paperwork necessary or appropriate for maintaining case files.
- Responsible for completion of and meeting deadlines for all agency administrative paperwork, including: 1009’s, CIS Billing Notes, time sheets, expense sheets and any other administrative or agency requested reports.
- Responsible for attending staff meetings, clinical meetings and program meetings
- Responsible for participating in Utilization Review Meetings
- Responsible for serving on Agency and/or Program Committees when requested by supervisor
- Responsible for educating the community regarding the Integrated Service Coordination Program in the service area.
- Be available to help develop materials and participate in special community education projects/presentations as requested by administrative staff
- Pursue and maintain licensure and/or certification that are available and appropriate to educational/professional background.
- Perform incidental business related travel as needed
- Participate in agency Risk Management and Performance Quality Improvement activities
- Perform job responsibilities with a positive attitude
- Responsible for promoting collegiality at the workplace by working collaboratively with others
The work environment is office AND field based and will have varying temperatures and noise level. The incumbent can expect to work in client’s homes, hospitals, community agencies, and some in office time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift of move up to 35 pounds on occasion. This position is required to use computer equipment daily.
Eligible for Medical, Dental, PTO, holiday pay flexible spending plan, Simple IRA where agency matches up to 3% of annual salary, flexible scheduling and access to an annual training budget of $125.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or similar field is required. Experience with case management is also required. The ideal candidate must be flexible, independent and be able to multi-take effectively. Experience working with individuals with mental health issues is preferred. Bilingual in Spanish required..
Apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/135430/FSA/Clinical-Care-Coordinator