Processing Technician - Plastic Injection
Job Position: Set-up Tech
Location: Elgin, IL 60123
Pay Rate: $28.00
Shift: A/C – 5AM – 5PM or B/D – 5PM – 5AM
The Process Technician is responsible to control the processes in injection molding. The role also provides support to the execution of the production schedule including mold changes, setups and startups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Directing and performing mold and/or material changes as dictated by the production schedule
· Performing process troubleshooting
· Responding to machine alarms as necessary
· Part inspections and various other functions to insure part conformity and quality
· Verifying paperwork for jobs and completion of inspections at start-up of jobs and in process inspections
· Monitoring and preparing support equipment i.e. water, circulators, grinders, robotics, etc. as needed in the production area
· Assisting in break coverage as needed.
· Create and maintain set parameter documentation for production equipment.
· Cover for supervisory personnel as needed
· Work in a team environment on projects
· Present a professional image at all times
· High level of inter-department communication
· Understand and execute customer specific requirements
· Other duties as assigned by the management team.
Skills and Competencies:
· 5-7 years of experience in a similar role
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Some college or technical training preferred
· Attention to detail; information collection and monitoring
· Problem analysis; problem solving, good communication skills,
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as customer documents, reports, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Elgin Development Group
A Division of the Elgin Area Chamber
31 S. Grove Avenue, Elgin IL 60120