Substitute Bookmobile Driver
Looking to get out of the house? Do you want to do something for others and have fun? Our Bookmobile Services Department is looking for a unique individual with the desire to serve our community by driving a 33’8” 29,000 lb. bookmobile. Due to the size and weight of the vehicle, a CDL license is required. In addition to safe driving, the ideal person for this position will know the Elgin area and have exceptional customer service skills to interact with children and adults who will be visiting the Bookmobile.
Some responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Managing daily vehicle checklists and ensuring the Bookmobile is fueled and ready for business
- Ensuring appropriate materials are shelved for the audience of the day’s route
- Assisting Bookmobile customers with questions and information requests
- Working with volunteers and Bookmobile Assistants to serve customers at the Bookmobile stops
- Checking out materials
- Associates degree or equivalent
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Must have a record of safe driving for a minimum of 5 years
- Familiarity with Elgin area and the Gail Borden Public Library District a plus
- Valid personal vehicle insurance
- Customer service experience
- Library customer relations and Sierra circulation experience a plus
- Spanish language a plus
- Positive attitude in support of the library’s mission, vision and values
- Subject to a background check and drug screen
December 14th – 23rd). Must be available to work evenings and Saturdays based on the Bookmobile
Schedule. Must also be available to substitute as needed after December 23rd.
Hourly Rate: $18.92 per hour
Please review the full job description and consider joining our award-winning Library!
Click here to download the Employment Application and save as a pdf file. Submit a cover letter, resume, and Employment Application to firstname.lastname@example.org. A Secretary of State Motor Vehicle Record Check must be provided upon hire.