Information Services Library Clerk
The Gail Borden Public Main Library has a part-time position available at the public Information Desk in Information Services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with a team to provide excellent customer service
- Assisting customers with locating materials and resources on the second floor
- Serving as a U.S. Passport Acceptance Agent*
- Promoting library services
- Referring questions to a librarian as appropriate
- Maintaining a clean and welcoming environment for library users
- Data entry
- U.S. citizen or a U.S. non-citizen national
- 18 years of age or older
- Does not have a record of either: (i) A Federal or State felony conviction; or (ii) A misdemeanor conviction for crimes involving moral turpitude or breach of trust, including but not limited to embezzlement, identity theft, misappropriation, document fraud, drug offenses, or dishonesty in carrying out a responsibility involving public trust.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good clerical and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be a “people” person and have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Spanish language skills are a plus
Please review the full job description and consider joining our award-winning Library! Click here to download the Employment Application and save as a pdf file. Submit the Employment Application and a resume to email@example.com.