Home Services Associate
Do you desire to serve the community through meaningful, caring, and personal interaction with residents unable to come to the library? Are you someone who wants to make a difference? If you’re a library lover who also has experience working with older adults and individuals with varying levels of ability, then you may be the perfect person to join our Mobile Library Services team.
We are looking for a unique individual with excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills to plan, schedule, and oversee the delivery of library materials to residents unable to come to the library due to permanent or temporary physical or age-related challenges. This position requires working closely with our Home Services Assistant and volunteers to assist with delivery of materials and promoting library programs and resources throughout the community.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human services/social work, healthcare, or related fields; or equivalent combination of education and experience working with elder and vulnerable populations.
- Must be an individual who is empathic and compassionate with high emotional intelligence and resilience to deal with sensitive customer issues.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Knowledge and experience with basic computer applications.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance with a good driving record (a copy of the driving record will be requested upon hire).
- Ability to drive library vehicles to service destinations.
- Adaptability and flexibility to positively handle changes in existing practices, routines, and workflows.
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
Hourly Rate: $21.00 per hour + Excellent Benefits which include: IMRF pension plan, insurance (health, dental, life, vision) & great time-off benefits (Vacation, Sick Time, 8 paid Holidays, Floating Holidays, and Personal Time).
Application Deadline → Monday, March 27, 2023 or Until Filled.
Please review the full job description and consider joining our award-winning Library. Click here to download the Employment Application and save as a pdf file.
Please submit the Employment Application, a cover letter, and resume → firstname.lastname@example.org
Elgin Development Group
A Division of the Elgin Area Chamber
31 S. Grove Avenue, Elgin IL 60120