Customer Service Clerk
Gail Borden Public Library has a part-time position available in our fast-paced Customer Relations Department at our Main Library facility. The individual for this position must have excellent communication and customer service skills, the ability to problem-solve and analyze customer needs and enjoy providing top-notch service to library customers.
Primary job duties include:
- Performing library material check-in and check-outs, renewals, holds, customer library card registrations and license plate renewals in accordance with established library policies and procedures.
- Providing information to customers, answering questions, and being proactive with offering assistance in a friendly and professional manner.
- Using technology and digital resources to assist patrons with electronic platforms.
- A real “People Person”, enthusiastic, caring, friendly, and empathetic.
- A team player who thinks quickly on their feet as decisions need to be made.
- A self-starter with the initiative and courage to propose new ideas.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Some knowledge of library clerical procedures and practices is a plus.
- Experience in a customer service environment.
- Basic math skills and ability to alphabetize.
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
18 hours per week – combination of days, nights, and weekend hours.
Hourly Rate: $15.00 per hour
Application Deadline → Friday, April 10, 2023 or Until Filled.
Please review the full job description and consider joining our Team. Click here to download the Employment Application and save as a pdf file.
Submit the Employment Application, a cover letter, and resume to → firstname.lastname@example.org
Elgin Development Group
A Division of the Elgin Area Chamber
31 S. Grove Avenue, Elgin IL 60120