Elgin Manor / Elgin Schoolhouse – Elgin, IL
POAH Communities is currently seeking Maintenance Technician for its Elgin Manor / Elgin Schoolhouse apartments in Elgin, IL. The Maintenance Technician will provide assistance by helping maintain the physical integrity of the community.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Insuring a safe, secure and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors and staff.
- Being aware of the condition of apartment property throughout the community and immediately initiate action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Scheduling and performing routine preventative maintenance on all appropriate equipment.
- Performing work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Diagnosing and perform minor and routine maintenance/repairs.
- Insuring all make-ready repairs and services are completed.
- Inspecting and helping coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services.
- Assisting in keeping grounds neat and clean. Rake, sweep, shovel as necessary.
- High School diploma or GED required. HVAC certification preferred.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance coverage as use of personal vehicle may be required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and periodically on-call as necessary.
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment, measuring devices.
- Must be able to perform the following duties 66-100% of the time: be on feet, bend/stoop/squat/kneel, climb stairs, push/pull, reach above shoulder, climb ladders, grasp/grip/turn, finger dexterity, lift/carry up to 25lbs, be able to read and understand maintenance forms and warning labels.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
Salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. POAH Communities is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work force. For more information, visit us at www.poahcommunities.com/careers.
About POAH Communities
POAH Communities has specialized in the professional management of affordable multifamily housing for more than 20 years. Initially founded as Midland Property Management, Inc., POAH Communities became part of the Preservation of Affordable Housing, Inc. (“POAH") family in 2001, and currently manages over 12,000 affordable housing apartments in Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Hampshire, Ohio and Rhode Island. POAH Communities has over 400 staff members and maintains offices in Kansas City, Boston, Cincinnati and Chicago.