B & C Hiring - Carpenter
Job Description - Carpenter
Backed by more than 25 years’ in business, B&C Enterprises is a general contracting company located in Elgin, IL. Our on-staff tradesman focusses on commercial and residential construction. Areas of expertise include office build-outs, steel building construction, steel stud framing, acoustical ceiling installation, interior millwork, installation of cabinetry and general residential remodeling. Come join our team and work for a family owned company. We offer our employees a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
We are looking for a qualified Carpenter to work alongside our project foreman to buildout commercial spaces and other structures according to specifications. Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional space and products.
A carpenter is an individual with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of jobsites and able to work with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
The goal is to contribute to a long-lasting working relationship while maintaining the quality and integrity of the project with developing a skill set allowing you to move up within our company.
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Perform general layout of framing
- Steel and wood stud framing
- Layout and installation of acoustical ceiling track and tile
- Installation of windows and doors
- Installation of general millwork (interior doors, casing and base)
- Assembly of steel buildings
- Must possess a valid state of Illinois driver’s license
- Must maintain a valid telephone number
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Knowledge and understanding of the English language
- Maintain good physical condition and endurance
- Able to work required overtime, or alternate hours as necessary for the efficient operation of the project
- Thorough knowledge of the standard practices, materials and tools of the carpentry trade
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade
- Ability to read, interpret and work from sketches, blue prints and specifications
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, tape measures, etc.)
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times